Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fashion/Political Commentary - Read at Your Own Peril

I'm still on that lousy article about my favorite newsperson, Rachel Maddow, in Sunday's NY Times. Does this woman (in photo) look like she knows anything about glamour - lesbian or straight? Yet Daphne Merkin (yes, it's her at right) claims to be an expert. Sheesh, what a mess! You can tell right away that she's NOT a lesbian because there's no sign of glamour.

Perhaps she should get some tips from Rachel, who always looks good whether she's on the air or off.
(images courtesy of the afterellen.com blog)

In fact, I think our pal Daphne bears a striking resemblance to another media star - this one with a face suitable for radio, the Schlockmaster himself. If Howard took off his glasses and jacket, then put on someone else's shirt and opened it nearly to his navel, the resemblance to Daphne would be uncanny - sort of separated at birth. I think I'm on to something here. Their knowledge and understanding of lesbians is on a par too.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember how I got here but from somewhere before here; too many clicks on the mouse perhaps. I smiled while looking at the old and new studios; like I been there.

I like Rachel Maddow.